Re: Can someone help me with what this guy is talking about
Home › Forums › General Chit Chat and Other Stuff › Can someone help me with what this guy is talking about › Re: Can someone help me with what this guy is talking about
There is no valid science to the break in slides … it is a waste of time and energy to do that to a tv. Normal responsible use of the TV results in exactly the same thing … and a person actually gets to enjoy it too.
The slides came from a self proclaimed expert with no technical background in this. He declared it was so and god smiled on him and it was so.
The copying of settings is the source for the term … the Pioneer Kuro Lottery … as told in the THX class. One has a 4% chance of getting a result similar to a professional calibration … and a 96% chance of getting a result no better than a preset mode or even much worse than choosing a preset mode (which takes no effort at all).
Think of it this way in terms of dE error numbers. 4% chance of dE 3 or less … (never dE 2 or less) 96% change of dE 4-10 or more. If you take no effort and just chose a preset … you routinely get dE 3-4.5 range on the Pioneer Kuro plasma sets