Re: DARBEE Visual Presence DVP 5000

Re: DARBEE Visual Presence DVP 5000

Home Forums General Chit Chat and Other Stuff DARBEE Visual Presence DVP 5000 Re: DARBEE Visual Presence DVP 5000

Anonymous
Inactive

There’s no denying the Darbee processing makes 2D images look like they have a better sense of depth, and it does make detail more obvious (the increase in contrast at work). I have experienced handshake problems with older HDMI components, but it seems fine with newer HDMI components. Also, I don’t think it will even pass 3D unless there has been some kind of update to the original model I have. But there’s no USB or serial port for updating so I’m not sure how you would update it at home… does not appear to be update-able to me. The photos they run in ads for the Darbee processor are “fair” IMO… what they show in the with/without split screen fairly well mimics what I see. I find it easier to over-do the Darbee processing than to keep it from being way too obvious. When you use the Full Pop setting, for example and crank up to a high value, I’ve seen it produce the same artifacts as too much sharpening… edges appear around things that did not have edges. A shot with an older building with a lot of identical-size large windows was a good example… cranked up, every window had multiple sharpening-like artifacts around it with Full Pop mode turned up fairly high. Switch to HD mode and drop down to 45% or so, and the artifacts disappear and there’s no obvious artifacts anywhere in images, but images do appear to have more depth and detail stands out a bit better.