Re: Sony VPL-VW600ES 4K Projector

Re: Sony VPL-VW600ES 4K Projector

Home Forums Calibration Discussion By Brand Sony VPL-VW600ES 4K Projector Re: Sony VPL-VW600ES 4K Projector

Anonymous
Inactive

Just received a new version of the projector calibration pro software from European product manager Thomas Issa. I have calibrated a couple of projectors with it (gamma), and no banding issues so far. I also had a meeting with Naoya Matsuda (head of Sony SXRD department) regarding the degradation issues of the SXRD panels. Sony has implemented some countermeasures on latest models, but unfortunately it is no permanent solution. All SXRD based projectors will degrade to about 2000:1 native contrast. This due raised black. With the projector calibration pro software, we can compensate the none linear gamma, but it is not possible to lower black. If the projector degrades beneath 2000:1 native contrast, it is no longer possible to achieve a linear gamma. Naoya Matsuda also said that the SXRD projectors “worst enemy” was moist air and low usage (few hours over time).

Here is a link to my dropbox, and a zip-file with the projector calibration pro software v1004:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/yvurnjxa662o87z/AADgKqzNH1nxIfp_lKj0ScGDa?dl=0

EDIT: please do not share this post on any open forums. I would like to maintain god relations with Sony in the future also.