About HDCP with Murideo.

About HDCP with Murideo.

Home Forums Calibration Discussion By Brand About HDCP with Murideo.

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I wonder what happened to what I did.
    (Black Level involved in HDCP with Murideo.)

I calibrated W1700 Projector made by BenQ. It has 2 HDMI ports. one supports HDCP(HDMI 1), and the other one is no-supporting HDCP(HDMI 2).

To adjust Black level, I connected Murideo into HDMI 2, but I could not see above 16bit boxes. One the other case about HDMI 1, then I could certainly see above 16 bit to the end of boxes.

May I know what happend to the setting?

(In case I set the Murideo with HDCP off setting.)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Gregg Loewen
    Keymaster

i think you are meaning you can not see below step 16?
    Meaning that the signal is being cut off or you are in RGB PC mode.
    nothing to do with the HDCP.
    Look for a limited vs extended setting and also ensure you are sending RGB video or 444 422 420 signal.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks, and I will check the menu.

If I cannot find out the menu, and there are no setting for it on the projector, then I can never change the happen with general setting mode??

Gregg Loewen
    Keymaster

First,
    ensure the Murideo is set to RGB Video, or 444/420/422
    Then
    if you can not see below step 16, (after increasing the brightness control), look for a setting on the PJ that will allow you to see below step 16. This may be the HDMI setting, sometimes a picture mode.

Not all PJs will allow for a below step 16 signal to be shown on the screen…ie JVC PJs do not allow for this in the THX mode. That is okay, just set the black level so the steps above 16 are barely visible.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.