Calibration question for Panasonic industrial display

Calibration question for Panasonic industrial display

Home Forums General Chit Chat and Other Stuff Calibration question for Panasonic industrial display

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

can you give me some info on the panasonic calibration that we did in the Orlando class?
    You told us about some secondary controls in the service menu on the industrial panasonic that the others didn’t have.
    I thought I had taken notes on that, but couldn’t find them. Could you tell us what the adjustments were and what they do?

Thanks

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

The stuff in there called R-Y and B-Y are the additional color decoder things and the cut off control can turn off the colors …

regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Michael,
    Can you briefly explain how to use the color decoder things on this set?

Gregg Loewen
    Keymaster

which model of plasma are you wanting this for ?

On everything made in the past 4 years (at least), the color decoder is quite accurate. It was these controls on the oldest crt RPTVs that they were very useful (do to red push).

Basically, use the color control to adjust the red. Use the tint control to adjust tint (as usual). And the other controls to adjust red hue and blue saturation.

I can not remember the 4 controls for adjustment right now (off the top of my head).

Remember that you can color isolate, so this helps greatly. Try to adjust the color control first using blue isolation, then check red and green. On all late model units, this will get you quite close. Make sure you get the gray scale on first and also turn off the auto color in the user menu.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.