Can’t display patterns on customer’s Miti WD65731 RP
- This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 10 years, 11 months ago by .
I was embarrassed!
I used to own a Miti RP Diamond series. So I’m familiar with the menus on the customers RP display.
Prior to arriving at the client’s house I downloaded & reviewed User Manual.
At the client’s house…
The existing home theater cable setup routes all sources through the Miti Component 1 (yPrPb) input .
I could access the service menu on the Miti ok.
I could NOT get my Sencore VP403csh to communicate with the WD65731….
1st tried to connect via Component 2 (YPrPb) input. Signal Type = HDTV/SDTV-DVI, No pattern at 480i,480p,720p,1080i
2nd tried HDMI 1 input, Signal Type = HDTV/SDTV-DVI, No pattern at 480i,720p, 1080i, 1080p
3rd removed the existing Component 1 ‘all source YPrPb cable and tried to connect via my YPrPb cable. no patterns displayed
In each case, after connecting my cable the Miti acknowledged the existence of the new input and asked me to name it via the Auto Input feature. I chose the default name and then Exited.
However, when I selected the new input all I got was a blue screen. Miti calls this blue screen a Video Mute feature.
I verified the Sencore VP403CSH was ok by hooking it up to a different Samsung HDTV. The 403 displayed test patterns OK at multiple resolutions.
What am I missing?
I have never been in this situation before at a customers house and I don’t want to go through it again.
Your suggestions are most welcome.
My plan is to
1. get some feed back from you guys and then to return to the client’s house.
2. use the Sencore’s VP403’s Display Data Channel (DDC) Test feature to see if it’s receiving the Extended Display Identification Data (EDID) from the display via YPrPb and HDMI. If it isn’t, then I guess the issue must be with the Miti. If I is receiving EDID then what are my choices?
3. Try connecting via Miti’s other inputs: DVi-VGA, S-Video, composite video, RF Antenna and if successful; do the calibration via this connection?
4. Are there any issues if I do the calibration using one of these other inputs?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.