Favorite BD Disc to show off quality image

Favorite BD Disc to show off quality image

Home Forums General Chit Chat and Other Stuff Favorite BD Disc to show off quality image

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

All,
    What BD titles do you find useful for demonstrating the quality of the home theater? If you could supply title, favorite scene and why you feel this is a good reference.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Not Gregg’s X-men 3 demo. 😀

It’s too esoteric … and means nothing to the end user unless you always have Gregg sitting there doing the whole explanation of why everything looks weird.

regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

5th Element … (Sony / Columbia)

Nucleo Lab sequence. Reconstruction of Leeloo.

Lots of flesh tones … very nice transfer. (Remastered version … not the original softer BD release.)

Gregg Loewen
    Keymaster

It’s too esoteric … and means nothing to the end user unless you always have Gregg sitting there doing the whole explanation of why everything looks weird

not at all so…you just have to show the correct scenes along with the incorrect / artistic ones.

Gregg Loewen
    Keymaster

i like the scene / sequence with Patrick Stewart teaching the mutants…nice warm flesh tones…then they show a televison cut in the room which as very different colors.

The above sequence leads into Storm (Halle Berry) being outside and causing the skies to cloud up…which turns the coloring gray and cold, then Stewart come out and Storm removes the clouds which in turn re warms up the colors.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I like to use Baraka. No specific scenes, I just flip through a few. Lots of very natural perfectly saturated, earthy tones, and variety of different but always natural skintones. Beautiful movie!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Baraka- the first BD from an 8K scan of a 65mm native print. Also, opening sequence from ‘Phantom Of The Opera.’ ‘Casablanca’ for demonstrating the beauty of old B&W film and the value of having a “carbon arc” color temperature option set up for a display.

Anonymous

Alan

I agree with Casablanca for B&W. When I did ISF training about ten years ago I remember the first time I saw a TV set up for Black and White – I was blown away with how different it looked…and never saw black and white the same again (the old way of seeing it…soooo blue). That was on a Runco CRT, and I always offer that as an option for clients. Unfortunately very few have taken advantage of it. Almost all of my clients claimed they didn’t watch B&W! 🙁

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.