Has anyone developed their own signal generator bitmaps?
- This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 10 years, 9 months ago by .
I’m in the process of defining and creating my own custom bitmaps for use in my signal generator. Specifically I’ll try to create at least
1) A pluge with discrete digital steps from 0 to 25 on a video black (16) background
2) A WtW clipping test with discrete digital steps from 230 to 255 on a reference white (or perhaps peak white) background.
3) A colored zone plate to check for banding.
It has turned out to be slightly more time consuming than I’d originally thought. The process got me thinking that this must have been done a thousand times before by calibrators, and that some of you might have custom bitmaps that you’d be willing to share with me (and the rest of the THX guys).
So… if you’ve got any bitmaps created for use in a signal generator (or any player for that matter) that might be of use in testing or calibrating a display, please share them here, or shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Of course I will post my own designs, as soon as I’m suficiently satisfied with them.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.