JVC X-Series and UHD-BR Samsung K8500 – How to get the best of both BR and UHD-BR
- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 4 years, 9 months ago by .
Is any of you running the Combo of a JVC-D-ILA X-Series Projector and the Samsung UHD-BR-Player?
To my knowledge you get the best “HDR/UHD-Result” while using
– RGB Enhanced mode on the Samsung
– and using the enhanced Mode for the incomming signal on the JVC.
The downside of that solution is, that when you switch between normal BRs and UHD-BRs,
you got to make several Setup adjustments everytime you Switch between the 2 Disc-Formats
which means -the other way around:
– Activate Auto Mode in the Samsung
– Activate Auto Mode on the JVC
– Switch to the calibrated Picture Mode of the JVC for BR.
Let’s be honest…As you have to go into the Setup of the Samsung Player it can’t be really simplyfied by programming a Macro on you control system.
Even for the advanced User – its a pain in the ass…
The results when always using Auto modes on both devices will result in crushing blacks with UHD-BR content.
Is there anyone out there with a solution?
Same with the Panasonic 900 UHD-BR-Player..Even though its THX-Certified and the JVC X7000 as well…they won’t deliver an acceptable perfomance together.
With this Player its not even possible the make the lower shades of gray visible, no matter what adjustments you make.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.