Panasonic Difference in Picture Service/ User

Panasonic Difference in Picture Service/ User

Home Forums Calibration Discussion By Brand Panasonic Difference in Picture Service/ User

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Just completed THX calibration course so still very new at this. I am working on my Panasonic TH-46PZ80U Plasma. As noted in another area of the forums, there is a very noticeable difference in picture (overall brightness etc) from user mode to service mode.
    What is everyones process for calibrating when dealing with difference between the 2 modes? How do make adjustments in Service mode while keeping in mind it will be different in normal user mode. Is there an easy way. I have done a calibration. In service mode, I managed to get pretty good results in the Calman software but of course, soon as I get out of service mode and redo readings, everything is messed up.

Any suggestions in terms of step by step process?

Desmond

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I take the reading the user and make the change in SM and shut off … and turn on … take another reading and rinse and spit.

Tedious but about 4 or 5 iterations is usually more than enough.

regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

Rinse and spit….I get it. HA. Thanks

Anonymous

I actually found a way that you don’t have to turn off the panel to get into user mode. Select the input/source selection button and it kicks you back into user…you can see the gray window actually change and you don’t actually have to change inputs, just return out of that menu while staying in that source input. Measure. Then go back into service via usual steps.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.