QD 780 and QD 804A …THX Pattern Package…make sure you upgrade your FW. Mar 2013
- This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years, 6 months ago by .
there were a few glitches (WTW not being passed on the THX patterns).
Here are the upgrade procedures.
If you purchased from thxvideotech.com please email me for a complimentary THX Pattern Package (if not already done). If purchased else where, please email for pricing info. thanks
Instructions to get 780 updated to current firmware and THX Pack:
Please see our downloads page
See the 780 and 804A firmware sections, download the release files and also follow the View links to see release notes with installation instructions.
Note the SW and FPGA version numbers.
On your 780, press the Help tab and check SW Ver. and FPGA Ver. against the versions listed on the downloads page. If your version numbers are less than the release versions, then you should download the new versions and upgrade your 780.
Also make note of the version numbers of the release you are downloading. You will check these again at the end to verify that everything was correctly installed.
1. Turn on 780 and press Help.
2. Check your SW and FPGA Version numbers and see if they match the current release. If so, you have the latest versions, so you don’t have to continue with the procedure below. If not, continue with the upgrade procedure below.
3. Download the latest load from the downloads webpage.
4. Turn on 780 and press Preferences.
5. If COM is selected next to USB Mode, select Disk and power cycle 780.
6. Connect 780’s USB port to your PC.
7. 780 should appear as a removable disk.
8. Copy downloaded VP500app.bin, xilinx.bin, and bootstrp.bin files to 780. If you only need to upgrade SW, just copy VP500app.bin and bootstrp.bin files.
9. After the files are copied over, use the “Safely Remove Hardware” function and then disconnect the USB cable.
10. On 780, press Help on top right.
11. If needed, update FPGA first by pressing Update next to FPGA Flash. Confirm button will show up.
12. Press Confirm to start updating FPGA. It takes about one minute to finish updating. When the update finishes, you will see “Xilinx Updated” message as well as “Please reboot the unit now” message.
13. Power cycle the unit.
14. Press Help on top right.
15. You should see that your FPGA Version number matches the new release.
16. Update SW by pressing Update next to Application Flash. Confirm button will show up.
17. Press Confirm to start updating SW. It takes about one minute to finish updating. When the update finishes, you will see “Application Updated” message as well as “Please reboot the unit now” message.
18. Power cycle the unit.
19. You should see that your SW Version number matches the new release.
Updating to current THX Pack
1. Please download http://www.quantumdata.com/support/downloads/780/THXpack_20120710.zip , unzip it, and copy the THX.res file to the Resource directory of the 780 or 804 internal flash drive in USB Disk mode. If the file already exists, then overwrite it.
2. Use Windows Safely Remove Hardware function to disconnect 780/804A from PC.
Test the THX patterns.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.