Samsung UN55C7000 Calib. Questions
- This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years, 9 months ago by .
I am in the middle of calibrating a Samsung UN55C7000WF LCD with edge lit LEDs & 3D capability and have run into a few stumbling blocks. I am focusing on the 2D portion of the calibration only.
1. I am assuming this TV has local dimming. However, I cannot locate the control to turn local dimming on or off? Upon further research it appears that the C7000 series does not have local dimming.
2. The user menu has a 10 Point white balance adjustment in the user menu but I cannot get it to operate? However, the two point adjustment works normally for the gray scale.
3. Attempting to adjust the global color and tint utilizing the TV’s “blue only mode” fed by my Accupel 4000 generator in it’s RGB video output mode ends up with seemingly extreme settings of the color and tint controls that also result in unacceptable colors. I read somewhere that Samsung TV’s don’t like to be fed RGB as opposed to a color space of 4:2:2 or 4:4:4?
4. The TV also has a limited (no luminance controls) CMS in the user menu which I have not attacked yet. Any words of wisdom besides don’t sacrifice luminance accuracy for RGB color gamut accuracy?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.