Sharp LC-42D64U

Sharp LC-42D64U

Home Forums General Chit Chat and Other Stuff Sharp LC-42D64U

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Accessing service menus has proven to be the biggest pain so far for me. I’ve tried all of the listed methods for getting into the service menu on this set with no luck. The one item that I saw was [Input] + [VOL+] got me to a box that said “Public Mode” followed by a three digit code to enter. I tried 116 from the other post with no luck.

Can anyone help?

It never fails. I make a post for help and I get in. The service menu is pretty nasty though, twenty six pages in all. So I will be consulting a service menu before making any adjustments.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

You need the sharp SM remote code for quick access.

The 116 stuff only works on the 94 series with the ISF calibration mode.

The TV uses a 6 point gamma system … found where it says gamma 1/2/3/4/5/6 R/G/B …

You might not have control over the really dark end of things though …

regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

Jeez, welcome to the land of diminishing returns. This 6 point system and in and out of the service menu was a huge time sink. I couldn’t get the DeltaE on 100 down below six, the set just would give it to me.

Is it recommended to have a larger grayscale variance in the blacks or whites?

Anonymous
    Inactive

You do what you can. Remember … it is still into the very good performance range.

We also have a hard time seeing differences up there. We think blue white is white afterall.

Regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

So, would I translate that into blacks are more important then the whites if I have to give a little more on one of them?

Anonymous
    Inactive

yup …

mid range most important … then blacks … then the whites. However … if blacks are going green … then you sacrifice the lower mid range to fix the blacks …

regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

Perfect! That was the answer that I was looking for.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.