Sony HDR TV settings
- This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 years, 10 months ago by .
Just sharing my findings about how the Sony KD-65A9F master series OLED HDR TV stores their settings when calibrating it last year. It’s rather convoluted because it stores certain settings by input and certain settings by picture mode and others by colour temperature.
Settings stored in the Picture mode regardless of input (ie. shareable across all inputs):
Advanced Settings > Colour > Per colour adjustment
Settings stored in the Colour temperature regardless of Picture mode or input (ie. shareable across all inputs):
Advanced Settings > Colour > Adv. colour temperature > Multi point (10p)
Settings stored in the Picture mode of the current input only:
Advanced Settings > Brightness + Clarity + Motion
Advanced Settings > Colour > Colour + Hue
Settings stored in the current input regardless of Picture mode or Colour temperature:
Advanced Settings > Colour > Adv. colour temperature > Basic
Advanced Settings > Video options
*input is HDMI 1, 2, 3, 4, or the Video app
What this means is that in order to have consistent calibrated settings, you should:
1. Use the same Picture mode (recommended: Custom) and Colour temperature (recommended: Expert 1) settings across all inputs.
2. You will only need to calibrate Per colour adjustment and Multi point (10p) once as these will be shared across inputs. It is recommended to use these settings to calibrate white balance and greyscale respectively.
3. It is recommended to not touch Adv. colour temperature > Basic or Video options as they will affect the output regardless of Picture mode or Colour temperature selected.
During the PVA course I noticed that the Sony HDR TVs there had a similar menu, but the latest Sony HDR TV I calibrated (not sure of the model number) had slightly different options. If anyone knows whether these settings are universal across Sony HDR TVs please do share.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.