VIRTUAL CLASS OPTION:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions. Virtual students are eligible to attend a future in person class offering at 50% discount.
Virtual attendee requirements:
- Laptop computer capable of running CalMan
- Calman installed (we can provide a free 2 week license).
- Pointable streaming video camera
- Tristimulus meter (D3 or C6 or better) and spectrometer (i1pro2 or better).
- Signal generator (Murideo 6G or better)
- 2 monitors / displays to work on during the training
- 1 projector to work on during the training.
- Displays / projector may be in different locations as long as you can move your laptop / video camera.
- Please email email@example.com with questions.
Who this class is for:
Colorists and Editors
Digital Imaging Specialists & Supervisors (DITs)
Production / Post Production personnel including Broadcast engineers
Manufacturers and manufacturer representatives
Independent Calibrators and enthusiasts
AV Installers and Integrators (Residential – Commercial – House of Worship)
Contractors and Technology Consultants
Buyers for installation and integration companies
From ICA, the brand your customers recognize and respect, comes a new professional-level certification workshop.
Join ICA for a four Professional Video Systems Calibration workshop and gain the hands-on experience and skills you need to properly calibrate modern high definition video systems – practical knowledge that can start generating revenue for your business immediately.
Benefits of becoming a ICA Certified Professional Video Systems Calibrator:
* Obtain the Video Calibration Certification
* Four instruction days, including two days of coached hands-on calibrating exercises
* Exposure and practice using a variety of the world’s best display devices and measurement equipment
* Access to the exclusive ICA Video Calibrators’ forum, that provides service menu data and calibration advice directly from ICA Video Professionals
* Have access to use the coveted ICA Certified Professional Video Calibration logo
* Offer your clients Professional ICA Certified Video Calibration services
* CEDIA CEU Credit – 8.00 units for Level 1 (CEUP502) and 8.00 units for Level 2 (CEUP347)
Professional Certification Requirements:
* Attend the entire Video Calibration workshop
* Complete and pass Video Calibration online exam within 3 weeks of your course date
* Submit ten sample video calibrations for approval via the Web within 6 months. 4-6 calibrations are typically performed during the training
General Course Information
ICA Video Calibration Workshops include lunch on each day of the training (depending on location). Attendees must cover their travel costs including airfare, hotels, parking and transportation, as well as breakfast and dinner. ICA Video Calibration Training will provide all necessary classroom and workshop material, and a certificate of completion.
Hours of each day: 9 am to 6 pm for workshop activities, including structured lab work. Plan travel generously to allow for possible traffic or other delays. At some venues, additional non structured practice hours may be available. Please contact instructor for details.
About the Course:
The ICA Certified Professional Video Calibration Workshop is a professional program designed to take those working with video to the next level. Comprised of workbook focused exercises on the first day, followed by three full days of supervised, hands-on practice, this ICA workshop provides you with the necessary tools to start offering calibration services immediately.
During the interactive session you will be working with professional calibration equipment from manufacturers such as Minolta, Photo Research, Lumagen, X-Rite, Quantum Data, JETI, Accupel, and Murideo. In addition, you will receive hands-on training on many display technologies including: LCD, LED, and OLED panels, DLP, LCOS and LCD projectors (with and without an anamorphic lens), various high end video processors, and multiple high end Blu-Ray and UHD players – all loaded with the latest HDR, HD, and SD test discs. The ICA emphasizes color management systems and how to best adjust them to achieve true reference colors including the use of 3D LUTs (look up tables).
As soon as you complete this course you will be registered to access the ICA Video Calibrators’ forum. This unique community gives you key industry information, such as the service level calibration codes needed for top quality calibration, as well as a direct Q&A forum to support you when working in the field.
In addition to being able to offer a premium calibration service, you will be able to offer Professional Video Alliance Calibration plaques including a “PVA Calibrated” certificate, and a thank you letter from the PVA. This marketing tool can be used to generate additional sales, helping to offset the cost of the workshop itself.
You are welcome to bring your own calibration tools to class. However, if you are interested in purchasing equipment, this class will help you identify the right tools to fit your needs.
For a limited time only, the course rate of $2499. 00 (separately $3000.00), includes:
* All instruction
* Practical interactive exercises using state-of-the-art equipment
* Comprehensive course book (digital)
* Morning snacks and a full lunch each day (depending on location)
*** Please register as soon as possible as space is limited. ***
ICA Does Video
ICA is your premier choice for training in video system design, setup and calibration. ICA Video Training Workshops are based on years of expertise in the physics of video and psycho-visual perception. Proven facts, solid concepts and decades of expertise come together in this unique, top rate, one of a kind workshop. Once certified, ICA Trained Professional Video Calibrators will be able to offer PVA Calibrated Display services to their customers as a premium offering.
As the market for complex high definition, video systems continues to grow in the coming years, consumers will look to professional calibrators in greater numbers than ever before. The key to success in this highly lucrative field is to identify yourself as an elite, educated member of the expanding pool of ICA Certified Professional Video Systems Calibrators.
Completing the ICA Certified Professional Video Systems Calibration Workshop, and obtaining the ICA Video Calibration Certification will provide you with more unique benefits, unlike those found in any other program. Your ICA certification will serve to differentiate you and your business in a way that will enhance your bottom-line and reputation for years to come.
The ICA Certified Professional Video Calibrator Advantage:
* Use of the prestigious ICA mark for advertising your business, in print ads, on your business cards, and your Web site. No other brand can signal quality, act to differentiate, or bring the high level of assurance to your clients in the way that ICA can.
* The ability to conduct a ICA Certified Video Calibration, allowing you to provide your customers with a plaque that shows their display has been calibrated by a ICA Video Professional, to exacting standards.
* Access to a unique Video Display Systems database, with countless listings of consumer service menu codes. You will be equipped to access and calibrate all of the latest models in your client’s location.
* Entry to a Professional Video Calibrator forum, a great place to share and obtain information with fellow ICA professionals around the globe.
Level 1 – Core, 2 Days – CEDIA 8.00 CEUs
* History of Television (brief) and Why We Calibrate
* Calibration Basics: Color Science
* What Makes a “Good” Image, Just Noticeable Differences (JND), and Video Performance
* Introduction to the Calibration Process
* Brightness and Contrast – Dynamic Range (Lab #1)
* Signal Path and Optimization Strategies
* Contrast Ratios and Screen Uniformity (Lab #2 optional)
* Color, Tint and Color Decoding (Lab #3)
* Sharpness, One to One Pixel Mode,and Enhancement Controls, Geometry and Convergence (Lab #4)
* Introduction to the Calibration Process and Integration of Signal Generators
* Grayscale, Gamma, and measurement of Color Error
* Hands-On Grayscale Calibration with discussion of Different Technologies (Lab #5, Calibration Check List)
* Software and Hardware Choices
* Overview of Front Projector Setup & Screen Technologies
* Anamorphic technologies, Scaling Technologies
* Resolution Overview
* Color Science and Color Standards Including Color Gamut (CCA and CMS) Management
* Overview of color management systems (CMS)
* Approach to Calibrating CCA and CMS … Examples of Different Systems (Labs #6, #7)
* 2D and 3D LUT – Overview
* Overview of 3D Calibration,Day & Night Modes
* Putting it all together, Differences between PVA Level I and PVA Level II
Level II, Advanced Training, 2 Days – 4K – HDR – CEDIA 8 CEUs
Level II Advanced Training: Day One – 4K – HDR – Advanced Class (CEDIA: 8 CEUs)
* Overview of Calibration and current best practice
* Hands on calibration lab
* Overview of 2D and 3D LUTs (Look Up Tables)
* Application of 3D Look Up Tables (LUT) and how they apply to performance home theater and post production
* Hands on calibration lab, special consideration to projectors and 3D LUTs.
* Environmental Issues
* Essentials of bias lighting
Level II, Advanced Training: Day Two – 4K – HDR – Advanced Class CEDIA: 8 CEUs (Day 3 and 4)
* 4K (UHD) implications
* HDR implications
* Hands on training on the latest flat panels and projectors focusing on UHD, DCI and Rec 2020 Color Spaces, EOTF gamma manipulation, application of HDR best practice to projector technologies.
* New technology and future challenges
* The Future of display technology including discussion of Ultra HD (UHD / 4K), OLED, etc
* Online Exam & In-Field Calibrations
* Summary & Putting it All Together