Panasonic Plasma VT25 Series

Panasonic Plasma VT25 Series

Home Forums Calibration Discussion By Brand Panasonic Plasma VT25 Series

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I need to calibrate several Panasonic VT25 Series sets in the very near future. As these are basically brand new, I have not seen any comments on calibrating these – but as they are THX Certified, I would *assume* they could be made pretty spot on – if not very close to there when they are shipped.

Is access to the SM in these newer 2010 models the same as in the past?

Do the differences seen in and out of the SM still exist in these THX Certified Sets as they did for the past Panasonic Plasmas?

Is there a comparable ISF ccc menu in THX Certified Displays? If so, how is it accessed?

If no ISF ccc type menu, is it suggested to work with these in SM or UM – or is there enough control for GS and Color Management in UM?

Thanks

Viewing 11 replies - 46 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Gregg Loewen;2376 wrote:
    guys…you need to see the Calman interface…it is very slick.

I have to agree…very cool

Have been using it on my DUO…but my guess is that the VT25 version is almost the same.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m going to try the new CalMan update on a vt25 this weekend. I will let you know how it goes.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Vince Mastros 2375 wrote:

Lee,
    Do you have any photos of how you attached the glasses to the eye one? I’m curious.

No photos. The rim of the glasses for the VT25 rest relatively well on my i1 Pro. I utilize a rubberband to keep it stable and secure. Just make sure that the surface of the glasses are on the same plane as your meter’s lens. I noticed I returned different readings as I pitched the glasses one way or the other.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Will the CalMan interface access the ISF modes as well?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Shawn_Byrne;2380 wrote:
    Will the CalMan interface access the ISF modes as well?

Yup 😀

Anonymous
    Inactive

hmmmmmmmmmmmm…might have to try that this weekend

Gregg Loewen
    Keymaster

when doing 3D also check for variance between the left and right eyes (yes it is there)…then there is the variance between different pairs of glasses.

argh!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I did a VT25 yesterday with the calman V4 interface and aside from learning the layout a bit, it went well. I still liked the THX mode better ….

The CMS control in the isf modes is not as fine as one would like and could not bring the triangle in to where it was in thx mode after adjusting the color control. Could one tell the difference visually … unlikely.

I did a gamma run using the 5% window from the VF and got gamma values about 0.1 higher than with the typical 20% windows …

If this set is like the JVC projectors … matching grayscale and cms in the ISF modes will not make those modes the same as the THX mode. There are other things “not happening” in the thx mode that are still happening in the custom/isf modes. (This came from the JVC engineers when asked if matching the grayscale and cms in a user mode outside of the thx mode gave the equivalent of the thx mode. Answer was no.)

regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Michael TLV 2398 wrote:

I did a VT25 yesterday with the calman V4 interface and aside from learning the layout a bit, it went well. I still liked the THX mode better ….

Michael,

can you add the DDC controls to your THX layouts?

I did a VT25 on Saturday, I kept going back and forth between the two layouts.

Anonymous
    Inactive

nope … unfortunately i did the isf modes with the ddc layouts in all their glory …

I will see if those layouts can be adjusted into our flows … when i have time …

regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

Here is the link for the 3.5 Firmware

3.5 FIRMWARE

Viewing 11 replies - 46 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.